Friday 15 November 2013

ExxonMobil gets another boost

Important news just yesterday, Berkshire Hathaway revealed last night that it has been holding roughly 40M shares of ExxonMobil since 30th Sept. To me, it just re-affirms my position held for the past year. 
XOM last trading price at $93.23 

I have written about Exxonmobil (XOM) in the past, and my previous profit taking target was $94. However three things have made me re-evaluate my strategy for XOM in the short term. 

1. It is the year end rally, there is absolutely NO WAY i am selling before end of Dec because it is a well known fact that non-defensive stocks tend to fair well in the last quarter.
2. Positive comments from Yellen, the future FED chairman who is going to take over from Bernanke, reassures many weary investors out there.
3. Warren Buffett is the ultimate value investor. He see's ExxonMobil to be undervalued.

Therefore referring to my previous article "How much is ExxonMobil worth?" , I said the following: " true potential for XOM is $125 but only if the market sentiments remain bullish all year long".  Now, I can confidently say that it is, XOM will break the $94 resistance either tonight or by next week and head much higher by mid of 1st quarter 2014.

My profit target price has been adjusted to a conservative $108. How did i come up to this value? Its based on my own risk appetite and individual profit taking target fitting into the timeframe or which i wish to stay invested.

Below is a historical chart of their performance, highlighting places where you could have bought this fantastic company. If you are like me, not having the privilege of being born in the 50s or 60s. Its OKAY. look at the chart and pick up stocks that are undervalued. Technically, when they are hitting the historical support line (red line) and about to bounce back.

 Something interesting you will notice, there has been ups and downs but staying invested in a value stock over the long term actually does pay off, BIG time.

No comments:

Post a Comment